Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature. After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.
Hey Torran,
ReplyDeleteI got there eventually, got all the bases covered with this OGR, well done.
The Romans popularised/ developed the dome in architecture as a way to span large distances whilst reducing supporting structures such as columns, the Pantheon in Rome is still the largest concrete dome in the world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheon,_Rome
Try not to limit yourself to explopring classical architecture. The text is really descriptive in regards to materiality check out "The Shed" in New York , an expanding performance space:
https://theshed.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shed_(arts_center)
This uses modern materials to create a crystaline box that appears to be draped with fabric.
Or, the UK pavilion in Shanghai,
http://www.heatherwick.com/projects/spaces/uk-pavilion/
Have a play with classical elements and modern materials, maybe use a bit of photo bashing to quickly experiment with ideas.
Also look at how light will interact with those shpes and materials.