Skip to main content

Pipeline 1: Skinning

 

Pipeline 1: Skinning

Part 1 and 2:




Creating and adding a Skeleton with a ribbon spine was an interesting process. The ribbon spline was a process to create and as it was the first time seeing one I struggled to understand how it interacted with itself.  After a while I understood it better and I now know how to use it and what controls to use while rigging it. Overall the Skeleton is a simple process to make and as such I didn't struggle to make it.

Part 3:




Block applying weights is simple process and was a good start point to understanding the weight paint tool before I had to use it in blending the weights for the skeleton.


Part 4 and 5:






Blending the weights was a long and repetitive process in a good way. Re weighting things again and again to really close in of the right weights was a enjoyable process. Mainly as I started to see the character really become mobile and become usable in animation. Weight blending the spine was a long process but it was rewarding when I finally got to see the spine move into smooth shapes and not a set of blocks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Creature 9 Reflection

  Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature.  After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.

Major Editing

  Major Editing The process of editing the clips together was simple, as the timing wasn't overly important for comedic or dramatic purposes. The editing was a chance to push the found footage aesthetic while organising them in some sort of order, overall the visual and audios where finalised and set up ready to be presented.

Major Final Submission Post

  Major Final Submission Post Torran R Major Art Of by Torran Rodgers on Scribd https://torranrodgerscaa.blogspot.com/2022/05/major-reflective-statement.html