Skip to main content

Maya Texturing Class : Game Barrel

 

Maya Texturing Class : Game Barrel

Texturing the barrel using one of Maya's game oriented materials was a good experience for understanding  how maps work within different types of rendering engines. The maps used where different however those that changes where similar to one previously with a few changes so understanding the new uses of these maps was easy.

On the technical side some of the thing we learnt where very useful and will be a big help later on when making my own texture maps, the main thing that comes to mind is the overlaying of the normal map in a way that lets us use multiple colour specific map.


Diffuse map


Normal map


Specular Map


This is how the barrel looks in view port after all the texture maps are applied, These maps create something that looks detailed and interacts with the light as if it is detailed while still only being very low Polly. this is so that game assets don't end up being information heavy and are able to run in real time, like in the viewport.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Creature 4 Texturing

  Major Creature 4 Texturing The texturing process is one I enjoy and feel confident in because of this I was able to sit through the process in a few days and generate the outcome. I came back to these textures a few days later to darken the textures over all once I saw then in Arnold. I also increased the level of dirt in the textures as they looked to clean.

Major Final Submission Post

  Major Final Submission Post Torran R Major Art Of by Torran Rodgers on Scribd https://torranrodgerscaa.blogspot.com/2022/05/major-reflective-statement.html

Major Creature 9 Reflection

  Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature.  After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.