Skip to main content

Maya Texturing class: Substance 1

 

Maya Texturing class: Substance 1

In this class we used substance painter to recreate the book textures we previously made in photoshop. like many of my piers I found the process of texturing in substance a lot simpler then photoshop, I have a fair bit of experience using substance painter and because of this I found the tutorial very easy to follow. using the textures Alan had made before as mask's made some of the more time intensive parts of the process none existent as the masks where made ready for us.

Exporting the textures into Maya is easy once you understand the map types and node system of Arnold, this whole session seemed very enjoyable and will be of great use moving forward. Due to substances photoshop - esk layer system I already have ideas on how to use this software to create more stylised effects for my animations.


substance render with displacement


substance render with normal








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Creature 9 Reflection

  Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature.  After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.

Major Editing

  Major Editing The process of editing the clips together was simple, as the timing wasn't overly important for comedic or dramatic purposes. The editing was a chance to push the found footage aesthetic while organising them in some sort of order, overall the visual and audios where finalised and set up ready to be presented.

Major Final Submission Post

  Major Final Submission Post Torran R Major Art Of by Torran Rodgers on Scribd https://torranrodgerscaa.blogspot.com/2022/05/major-reflective-statement.html