Skip to main content

Character Design : Session 1

 

Character Design : Session 1

I was given my set of criteria for my character design for this unit. I got a Shark, Diva in the UPA animation style. That is set in a 50's MGM Dance Musical, having a musical night out on the town while dancing.

The first part of the session was researching a object, before designing it to look like it belongs to someone and seeing that character in the object.



During this first session I researched my conceit, this being UPA animation while doing some drawing of sharks. Mainly I was trying to understand the style of UPA and trying to apply it to the character I was given in the class and my character as a shark.

Attempt 1.

Second attempt.

Second attempt.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Creature 9 Reflection

  Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature.  After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.

Major Editing

  Major Editing The process of editing the clips together was simple, as the timing wasn't overly important for comedic or dramatic purposes. The editing was a chance to push the found footage aesthetic while organising them in some sort of order, overall the visual and audios where finalised and set up ready to be presented.

Major Final Submission Post

  Major Final Submission Post Torran R Major Art Of by Torran Rodgers on Scribd https://torranrodgerscaa.blogspot.com/2022/05/major-reflective-statement.html