Skip to main content

Tool Kit 2: Sub Surface Scattering

 

Tool Kit 2: Sub Surface Scattering

This tutorial went trough the different textures that make up a material focusing on the use of Sub Surface scattering, before we added an AO pass in post using Photoshop, to add to the realism of our piece. The set up for the material is good information and as you go through the tutorial you understand how each layer adds to the realism of a material in Maya. I had small problems with the strength of my displacement map and not being sure if its effect where taking effect and not destroying the modelling work that was done for the character. 

Render.


Composition.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Editing

  Major Editing The process of editing the clips together was simple, as the timing wasn't overly important for comedic or dramatic purposes. The editing was a chance to push the found footage aesthetic while organising them in some sort of order, overall the visual and audios where finalised and set up ready to be presented.

Major Creature 9 Reflection

  Major Creature 9 Reflection Reflection: Working on Creature 9 was the fastest and easiest creature to make. After many attempts of trial an improvement, I have ended with a pipeline for the creation that doesn't run into any problems. Even so this creature was the easiest as I didn't need to add extra details to me normal maps through Zbrush because of the distance and setting of seeing this creature.  After 4 successful creature rigs I am know confident in my ability to create characters and creatures for 3D. This is a subject I was unsure about for a long time and as such approached with apprehension and respect to the difficulty. I Think this was a good thing in the end as my research of detailed approach to the process made me gaining confidence a slow and steady process ending with confidence in my ability.

Major Final Submission Post

  Major Final Submission Post Torran R Major Art Of by Torran Rodgers on Scribd https://torranrodgerscaa.blogspot.com/2022/05/major-reflective-statement.html